Writing Can Help on Your Journey to Optimal Health
Optimal health is not a quick fix; it is a lifelong process of choices to support your health and well-being. There will be stumbling blocks and poor choices along the way; yet, with a vision based on your values, you can manage your health challenges even when you slip up now and then.
Are you stressed at work, overwhelmed with balancing family and job responsibilities, angry at your health diagnosis, or even grieving for the good health you once had. You may be asking, “Why me?” Or, you may be feeling shame or guilt about the poor health choices you’ve made in the past. Whatever the emotions are, they might be interfering with your ability to take action.
You need to recognize, acknowledge, confront and understand your emotional response to your health challenges, how stress plays out in your life and if some habits need to change But how?
Write To Be Well is proven to help you to name and manage your emotions so they won’t sabotage you. You then can get back to focusing on your chosen lifestyle that leads you to optimal health.
Write To Be Well as an integrated writing method helps you to consider the following questions and take the steps needed to your healthier lifestyle. Some say the method is like having a personal coach as a guide!
- How do your emotions play a role in your health decisions?
- What are your values and priorities?
- What emotions do you feel when you think about changing your health behaviors? Are there helpful ones? Which feelings have stood in your way in the past?
- How many things have you tried before?
- What worked or didn’t work?
- What personal qualities do you have to help you achieve your vision?