THE GET WELL PROJECT is based on the work of pioneers in fields of expressive writing, self-affirmation and Action Scripting. Here are the proven benefits!
Dr. James Pennebaker, research psychologist at the University of Texas, was the first to establish the link between writing, stress, trauma, and healing. Some 30 years of research by Pennebaker and others prove that writing:
- Reduces long-term stress and enhances the body’s immune system.
- Improves management of chronic conditions like cancers, cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- Builds resilience and coping skills.
The use of self-affirmation has the proven ability to rewire our brains.
- Reduces negative self-talk.
- Increases ability to cope.
- Increases resilience.
- Initiates readiness for health behavior change.
- Asserts a simple intention of your future health outcome!
Here at THE GET WELL PROJECT, we use Action Scripting to:
- Open up all the possible steps you need or want to optimize your well-being.
- Prioritize what steps you want to take to improve your health.
- Commit and make it happen!